- Air quality improvements : no toxic tailpipe emissions/only water vapour
- Greenhouse gases emission reductions: with the potential to fully decarbonise public transport when hydrogen is generated from renewables
Fuel cell electric buses comply with demanding urban bus service operation.
Among the zero-emission powertrain options:
- fuel cell electric buses have the longest range (> 300 km) / no need to return to the depot during daily service
- a tool to comply with EU, national and local regulations on low-carbon mobility and better air quality (f.e. EU air quality directive or local ambitions to clean bus fleets).
- a long term strategy focussed on reducing vulnerability to fossil fuel imports
Fuel Cell buses are very comfortable for passengers and drivers due to the
- lack of vibration
- smooth driving experience
and for the drivers, the traction power allows a quick start of the bus, even when it is full.
Society is moving towards a low carbon future. Engaging now:
- means benefits from co-financing supporting schemes from local, national and EU level
- allows the development of in-house expertise and infrastructure for the technologies required