- a tool to comply with EU, national and local regulations on low-carbon mobility and better air quality (f.e. EU air quality directive or local ambitions to clean bus fleets).
- a long term strategy focussed on reducing vulnerability to fossil fuel imports
- offers a storage solution to volatile local renewable energy that can be used as a fuel
- producing new local jobs and improving economic competitiveness
- cities participating in the project derive direct benefits from the demonstration buses as frontrunners